COVID-19 CLINIC AND SAFTEY PROTOCOL UPDATE
NYRC is committed to the ongoing safety of its staff, assessors, examinees, and visitors that visit our clinics. As COVID-19 restrictions fluctuate across Canada our measures to ensure your safety haven't.
Here are our protocols to keep you safe while visiting our clinics.
- Have been rearranged to ensure physical distancing measures can be maintained
- Maximum number in waiting area is three people
- In the event that physical distancing cannot be maintained, examinees will be placed in our conference room or an assessment room, if available.
- Beverage stations have been removed. Water will be provided upon request.
- Waiting area, including chairs, tables and any other surfaces, are cleaned and sanitized before subsequent examinees arrive.
- Pens, touchless thermometers, and clipboards are sanitized after each use.
- All exam rooms are cleared of all materials except for an examining table, desk, chair, and phone and are sanitized prior to the start of each assessment.
- All exam equipment and tools are stored in the reception area in their respective containers/locations.
- Assessors must complete the “Assessor Equipment Sign out Sheet” and mark off which items they need prior to each assessment.
- All items must be returned to reception and sanitized and stored back in their respective containers following each examination.
- Following each examination exam rooms and all equipment is sanitized and cleared for the next examinee and/or assessor.
- If an employee is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 they will be sent home.
- All employees must complete a temperature check prior to starting their day. If they have a temperature of 38.0 degrees Celsius or more they must return straight home.
PPE Requirements and Physical Distancing Measures
- NYRC has implemented staggered work schedules to support physical distancing measures and reduce the number of individuals in our clinics at any one time.
- All employees covering reception are to maintain minimal contact with examinees and assessors.
- It is mandatory for all staff working within our clinic to wear mask as PPE. Face shields and gloves are optional.
- All PPE are to be disposed of in the bin located in the waiting area.
- All assessors must complete the "NYRC COVID-19 Assessor Attestation Form" and meet all requirements of public health safety before proceeding with their assessments.
- All assessors must complete a temperature check before proceeding with their assessments. If the temperature of an assessor is more than 38.0 degrees Celsius assessments will be cancelled and the assessor will be sent home.
- All assessors are encouraged to bring in their own PPE. If they do not, NYRC will provide them with a mask and gloves (mandatory) and face shield (optional).
- Assessors will also be provided with a bottle of hand sanitizer and sanitization wipes.
- Plexiglas barriers are also available upon request.
- All examinees must complete a COVID-19 telephone screening questionnaire prior to the scheduled assessment date to determine whether the examinee is safe to proceed with their assessment.
- On occasion, examinees are required to complete an additional Screening Questionnaire upon their arrival at the clinic, including a temperature check. Any indication of COVID-19 symptoms, a temperature of more than 38.0 degrees Celsius, or failure to comply with NYRC physical distancing and PPE policies will result in the cancellation of their assessment.
- Examinees are required to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- All examinees are encouraged to bring their own PPE with them to their assessments. If they do not, NYRC will provide a mask (mandatory) and if requested a face shield and gloves.
- All examinees are asked to safely dispose of all used PPE equipment in the designated PPE Disposal Bin located in the waiting area.
- NYRC will schedule all interpreters virtually unless specifically requested by a referral source to do otherwise. This is to aid in maintaining physical and social distancing measures within NYRC’s clinics.
- If an interpreter is present in-person:
- A COVID-19 telephone screening questionnaire will be completed prior to the scheduled assessment date to determine whether the interpreter is safe to attend the assessment in-person.
- Upon arrival, interpreters will be provided with hand sanitizer and PPE including a mask (mandatory) and if requested a face shield and gloves.
- Interpreters are required to complete an additional Screening Questionnaire upon their arrival at the clinic, including a temperature check.
- Any indication of COVID-19 symptoms, a temperature of more than 38.0 degrees Celsius, or failure to comply with NYRC physical distancing and PPE policies will result in the cancellation of the interpreter and their removal from the premises.